I have been designing, building, evolving, maintaining, deploying, monitoring, managing distributed systems and automating infrastructures for two decades.
Ask me about how we could use algebraic properties to test-infect our distributed systems and how using functional programming techniques can help us automate infrastructure more predictably.
Or how building type safe infrastructures can help save your software/infrastructure/reliability engineers' sanity.
Current Programming Languages: Haskell, Nix, Ruby, Scala, Erlang, Python.
Current interests include practical use of formal methods for verification and risk management in software delivery, congruent configuration management (e.g. NixOS), and declarative infrastructure.
- Soft real-time algorithmic trading systems for trading desks, hedge funds.
- Market data pipelines for trading firms.
- Multi-tenant SaaS design, development, deployment, post-production. At multiple successful SaaS firms.
- Interactive role-based game design, development.
- Dynamically scalable, fault tolerant (to a point, ask me where we drew the line and why) distributed systems infrastructure for highly variable (daily) news traffic patterns for a QuantCast 100 website.